GivingPoint is a nationwide community-based youth development organization that inspires a passion for learning and service through cutting edge technology resources, virtual educational modules, and hands-on volunteer opportunities. GivingPoint was created to help youth discover their unique passion, fuel their spark, elevate their ideas and share their stories to create a better, more connected and socially responsible world.
C5 Students will use GivingPoint to electronically track their community service hours. Please use these instructions to log community service hours.
Use these instructions to log community service hours using GivingPoint:
1. Visit www.mygivingpoint.org and login. Click the link for â€œLog My Hours.â€
2. On the â€œCreate Hoursâ€ page, fill out all of the information:
- Hours (total number if worked over a period of time)
- Date (beginning and end date if wored over a period of time)
- Breif description of your work
- NonProfit Organization (MANY organizations are listed, C5 Georgia is one of them. ONLY SELECT C5 GEORGIA IF YOU COMPLETED YOUR HOURS IN THE C5 GEORGIA OFFICE OR AT A PATHWAY EVENT.)
3. If your organization is not listed, leave the Non-Profit Organization box at â€œ- None â€“â€œ and select the â€œOther Non-Profitâ€ box located directly below. Complete the information for the organization for which you volunteered:
- Contact Name (teacher, volunteer coordinator, etc.)
- Contact Phone
- Contact Email (you must put an email address for the hours to be verified.)
4. Click â€œSAVE.â€ A confirmation page will be displayed.
An email with your contribution information will be sent to your organization contact. They will be asked to verify your community service hours. Once those hours have been verified, they will be added to your GivingPoint profile.
For printable instructions, click here.